Formalwear, being in photos, meeting new people, and attending special events are all substantial motives for wanting to look and feel your best. However, for many people, this can prove to be easier said than done. There are a lot of things many of us wish we could change about our appearances, but sometimes, obtaining the desired results can be difficult.
For those who have excess fat and skin in certain places on their body, such as the thighs and stomach, shedding this weight can become a paramount concern. Exercise regimens and diets do not always work for everyone. For people who merely have extra skin on their bodies, diet and exercise alone can never rid them of it.
However, there are options outside of diets and going to the gym five days a week. An abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure which removes excess fat and skin from select areas of the body, and can also tighten abdominal muscles. This is especially valuable for those who have a protruding belly or large amounts of loose skin on their body, such is the case for some people who have experienced dramatic weight loss. A tummy tuck is also beneficial for people who have tried for years to lose weight in the traditional ways, and see little or no success.
Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips
If you decide to undergo the transformation a tummy tuck can offer, it is important to be informed about the recovery process, and what you need to do to make sure your body heals properly.
After a tummy tuck, it takes a few weeks to completely heal, however, there are things you can do to help speed the process. Some recovery tips include the following:
- Eat Healthy – Water, vitamins, and other vital nutrients will aid your body during the recovery process.
- Rest – Sleep is the best way to allow your body ample time to heal.
- Eat Fiber – Eating foods rich in fiber will help prevent constipation.
- Use a Dry Brush – Using a dry brush, something many people utilize for treating cellulite, can help reduce bruising, establish blood flow, and help prevent fat from clumping in certain places. Note that it is important not to brush against incisions or stitches.
- Walk – Walking helps prevent blood clots and reduces swelling.
Where to Get A Tummy Tuck in Aurora, IL
If you are considering getting a tummy tuck, you need a reliable doctor who knows precisely what they are doing and has extensive experience performing this kind of procedure.
The Center for Cosmetic & Laser Surgery is here to offer patients the best cosmetic services available. If you are interested in getting a tummy tuck in Bolingbrook, IL, or the surrounding areas, contact us today.